Home RSS Feed | Finding Parent Establishing Paternity Establishing Order Collecting Payments Where the money goes Child Support Calculator ASK YOUR QUESTION Job Openings Near You Get Life Insurance For You And Your Child | Get Dental Insurance
West Virginia Child Support and Social Service Offices enhances the well being of children by locating noncustodial parents, establish paternity, establish and enforce support orders, modify orders when appropriate, collect and distribute child support payments, and refer parents to other social service programs. These programs promote parent accountability and self sufficiency while reducing the public’s responsibility for providing financial and medical support to children. These child support social services are available to all parents who need them.
Child Support Enforcement’s Customer Service Unit at 1-800-249-3778
|Custodial Parents and Non Custodial Parents||Customer Service 1-800-249-3778||Fax 304-558-8360|
|Employers Only||Employer Relations Unit 1-800-835-4683||Fax 304-558-1487|
|Out of Child Support State Agencies||Central Registry Unit 304-356-4762||Fax 304-558-1121|
West Virginia Child Support and Social Service Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Most Child Support/Social Service offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that there are many families in need in this economy. So a lot of people may be at the Child Support/Social Service office with questions or concerns.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Child Support/Social Service office, if you are late you may have to wait a while. The best way to avoid the long lines at the Child Support/Social Service office is to get to the office early.
- Be prepared with your Documents: If you are applying for child support or any Social Service benefits, be sure to take with you all your required documents.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do, you can snack while you wait in the Child Support/Social Service office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the Child Support/Social Service office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the Child Support/Social Service office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along. Above all, enjoy the day. You may meet meet a friend while you wait.
Find more Child Support and Social Service Offices outside of West Virginia